New Types of Visits during Covid-19 Pandemic
In order to keep patients out of the hospital and manage your disease process, we are working on a workflow in the office. Currently, we will provide 4 different appointment types. If anyone develops a fever or cough, the first step is to call the office. Please do not walk in.
- In-office visits – Patients who need to be seen for follow ups or sick visits can be seen in office. We will keep all patients in the car, the provider you are scheduled with will call you to triage the appointment and will walk the patient to the designated exam room to minimize contact with the staff and other patients. We have different exam rooms for our healthy patients and exam rooms for our sick patients. We will make sure that each room is cleaned thoroughly between patients.
- Curbside Pick up – Please park at the parking spots that have a curbside / pick up sign. Curbside pick-up is only available between 9:30am – 10:30am and 3:00pm – 4:00pm.
- Telephone appointments – Patients who do not have access to a phone video or laptop/computer with camera, will be offered telephone appointments with a provider.
- Telehealth/video conference appointments – This type of appointment will be a face to face time to reviewed problems and follow up.
- E-visits – An E-Visit is an online exchange of medical information between a patient and a physician, nurse practitioner, or physician’s assistant where the provider evaluates one of a number of specific conditions that leads to a diagnosis and treatment of the condition. The visit is via online secure communication through our patient portal.
Telephone, telehealth and E- visits will be at scheduled times. Our office will determine what visit is appropriate.
Currently Medicare and other insurances will reimburse us for these types of visits, up to the level of the office visit. Copays and deductibles may apply.
During this time, the government feels that it is important for patients to have access to their primary care physicians, so reimbursements and access will be also evolving through this process.
We will be as transparent as we can be. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the office.