Covid-19: Office Status Updates
QFP has continued to care for our patients through the COVID-19 pandemic.
As of Monday May 4th, we are starting to see patients in office.
During the government shutdown we have attempted to meet all patient needs through keeping our office open, social distancing and telemedicine. We will continue to do telemedicine appointments until adjusting requirements per insurance guidelines.
In order to ensure patient safety and to continue social distancing we are going to see patients in a staged manner, our office is practicing expanded cleaning procedures to keep our patients and staff healthy and safe.
- We encourage patients to stay in their vehicles, call us when they are parked at a designated spot and the provider will call you to start the visit and bring you into the office to complete the physical examination.
- We have increased our patient visit length time to reduce patient overlap in the office.
- We encourage our vulnerable patients with underlying conditions to utilize our telemedicine visits to decrease exposure.
- Our telemedicine visits do require video enabled software; the link to our telemedicine portal is on our website.
- We will continue to offer limited curbside appointments.
- We have additional staff with the sole task of cleaning the exam rooms, bathrooms and waiting rooms in between all visits.
- We have designated sick and well exam rooms depending on the patient’s needs.
Please know that we will be doing everything possible to screen our patients to provide a safe environment for our patients. We cannot ensure that someone could become Covid-19 positive before, during or after our visits.
We appreciate all your understanding and willingness to accept these changes through these precedented times.
We are in a very difficult time. Please be patient with us and to each other. We are in this together and will continue to be the source your primary care healthcare.