Delaware & Pennsylvania Vaccine Updates
DE: Phase 1B
PA: Phase 1A
Delaware: Governor Carney announced that COVID-19 Vaccination now has moved to Phase 1B – focus on persons 65 and up.
You will need to register by appointment only for the vaccinations events at: https://coronavirus.delaware.gov/vaccine/
It will take weeks to vaccinate this age group. Please be patient.
Pennsylvania: You can visit www.chesco.org for information about the COVID-19 vaccine.
Pennsylvania State Department of Health revised its list of those who are included in Category 1A: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Vaccine/Pages/Vaccine.aspx
In addition to those who had been in this group, those newly added to Category 1A include the following:
- Persons ages 65 and older
- Persons ages 16-64 with high-risk conditions:
- Chronic kidney disease
- Down Syndrome
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant or from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, or use of other immune weakening medicines
- Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2)
- Severe Obesity (BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2)
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
COVID-19 vaccination information page: https://www.chestercountyhospital.org/about/chester-county-hospital-covid-19/chester-county-hospital-vaccination-distribution-information
However, due to the limited supply of vaccines, Chester County Hospital is only able to vaccinate 1A healthcare and first responder personnel at this time.
If you are part of the expanded 1A recipient category (65 + years old or aged 16-64 with high-risk conditions), Visit http://survey.constantcontact.com/survey/a07ehj25jsikk4b7c8w/a028mxkk5qizev/questions to apply for vaccination.